Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Beasty snippet from Morven



Beast had a shortened warm up due to her lack of being caught in the am.
Her lack of being caught included a lot of running, and me crying on the ground.

Anyways, Beast put on her big girl pants today. She was super brave in the indoor, well behaved in the hammering rain, and did not rear or buck me off like so many horses in the outside warm up areas.

BEAST SHAVED 9 and 1/2 POINTS OFF HER DRESSAGE SCORE.(For the non-horse people readers, this is a good thing!!!!)
This situation seems vaguely familiar.
I finally accept that we will just have to aim for the high 40's and then I get a glimpse of amazingness.
(Just like when I wrote her off at prelim)
I was so happy with my girl (after I lost the desire to kill her from the hour and a half catching/torture session this morning). I think this spring we will be in the high 30's.
Then Vanessa and Katherine will say "I told you!"

Tomorrow is a no go for Beasty XC.
I don't see much point in taking my other little princess either.
I will decide in the am, but assuming it will be a scratch for the Calsters.

In other news, I tried acupuncture on myself.(I don't mean I did it....just clarifying that I don't mean my horses ;)
HOLY AMAZINGNESS!
If any one is interested, please shoot me an email/talk to me and let me recommend the person I went to.
I am not exaggerating when I say it was one of the top 5 coolest experiences of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment