Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Monday, November 14, 2011

Crazy Weekend!

What a great weekend!

Sat am started bright and early.
I went out to Darenth to get Callie. Of course Beasty saw me coming and kept trying to herd the horses away from me. That was fun. Good times.
I took Callie over to Vanessa's and had an awesome lesson.
I also had the special treat of doing a flat lesson on Vanessa's mare!
It was so great. I rode V's horse first, then Callie. Then I applied a lot of what I felt on Vanessa's horse to Callie.
What a dream. I did think I was going to throw up from the sitting trot a few times though!
Court had a lesson on her gelding. They looked perfect as always. Courtney is so much fun to teach and definitely falls into the same category that Kari falls into, if you know what I mean!

Dave and I had the best date ever. We went to Isabella's in Frederick for Tapas. Then we headed over to the movie theater and saw
"IN TIME"
I actually really liked this movie give it two thumbs up!

Sunday A.M. I got to go back to Vanessa's to ride Miss Fiesta.
Fiesta was a little star.

Then I got Maggie Mack and headed over to Loch Moy.
The XC was a bit on the stiff side again for an unrecognized.
Hunter had his horse there to do her first Novice.
Her dressage was relaxed and solid.
Fance was a bit tired all day. Hunter had to work on sending her forward to the bridle with out over doing it (mares). He did a great job!
Her warm up for show jumping was brilliant. She couldn't have cared less about the deep footing, so we just did a few to play it safe.
They had a perfect round.
Fancy barely ticked a rail and it fell, but the round itself was just perfect. I was so proud of Hunt and Fance!
As we walked over to XC, Fancy definitely looked tired, I wonder if she wasn't feeling good.
I told him to pat her so much.
I swear if you tell mares they are doing a good job, they will dig deep and try extra hard.

Hunter and Fance stepped around their first novice clean.
Fance did randomly stop in the middle of the course, nowhere near any jumps. Hunter had ridden so quietly the rest of the time, when he gave her a little tappy she was back to business.
So Fance did the trakehner, a log four strides to the water, lattice to the bank.....mound, a few rather large tables and roll tops, dodged some trees, jumped some regular jumps, and looked amazing through it all.

Back to Darenth!
Alexis had a great lesson! She had to work very hard.
Katie and Willis worked on stretching and balance, and had a very positive lesson.
Beasty was a dream. We talked alot.
Alison tried out a new saddle on Knickerbocker and had a good ride. Knick is feeling really good.

The fence is done out the house! The dogs are happy, the Dave started taking out the old deck, and the door goes in today. Gotta love a Dave.





OK time to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment