Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, November 4, 2011

What Up?

So Maggie and I are at home until noon-ish today.
I have been SUPER tired all week.
I guess it is the end of the season crash mixed with Beasty not being right.

Beasts blood work came back.... Her regular systems do not appear to have been compromised. She does however test positive for a current "live bug".
I swear the more I try to understand Lymes and Anaplasma, the more confusing it appears.
There are so many different opinions on different tests, treatments, everyone is an expert.
I feel safe with Dr. Scullin and Carter. God bless Carter for always answering my crazy texts and calls!
I know they work closely under all the research and progress that Cornell has made.
I know Beasts test can differentiate between past exposure and current exposure and she is currently fighting something.
I know Beast has gotten a lot better in her skin reactions but still does not seem like herself.
I know we are only five days into treatment.
I know enough to accept I may not understand as much as I would like about Lymes, and Lymes like things.
I know that most people that think they do are probably not vets, and I will just practice what I preach and try to go with it, all of it.

Basically Beasty is a little sick but we can fix this and it didn't get out of control.

She will be on Doxy for a month and then I believe we are following it up with Tetracycline shots.

I just want my mare and all her chestnutness to feel better so I don't want to rip everyone's heads off.

In other more cheerful news, Callie and Summer are happy, happy, happy!
Callie and Fance will be going to Vanessa's today.

Last night my students had some awesome lessons!!!
Heather had a great ride on Buckshot!
Ameriah is starting to look like a little professional!
Both Ameriah and Megan have done such a good job with Bandit!
I know this picture will make Alexis so happy!

Julia had a awesome jump lesson on Lord Knickerbocker! They are so cute together. Julia likes to think and analyze and process and be correct. While she does all this Knick is like "HANG ON LITTLE LADY THERE"S A JUMP OVER THERE......LET'S DO IT!!!!"
Knick showcases Julia well, and Julia does an awesome job with Knick and how good he has been feeling!
I am so excited to see Julia show herself off.

Katie C and the big WILL had a great jumping lesson.
Willis is super cute over fences and Katie does a really good job with his 4 year old wiggles.
She got him over every fence, every time, and every time well.

Annie continues to make breakthroughs with Rae. I love teaching these two.
It is so cool to see how much of a difference teeny tiny adjustments can make. This horse loves Annie so much and takes Annie so literally.

Well it is almost ten. Maggie and I have a date with the grocery store and Starbucks before I start work this afternoon.
Check back to see how amazing Kari does at Rubicon and awesome Alexis at Waredaca unrecognized.

I will try not to scream at anyone in the produce aisle, or start crying in the frozen section.

No comments:

Post a Comment