Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

weekend wrap up

Miss California Comet went to Mr. Bradley's on Friday! I was excited for him to see her, he hasn't seen her in like six weeks since I took her from Stephens old farm.
Stephen is now located in Boyce Virginia, about the same distance for me as Aldie (where the old farm was). His new farm is just stunning! The stalls are as big as paddocks, and the barn itself is a fresh white with all stained wood and brass fixtures. A real top notch facility.
Speaking of top notch, Callie was a star. I was very relieved she was on her best behavior! She ended the lesson with a little course! Leaps and bounds this one! Hopefully we will have our big debut at Rubicon!
Waredaca was a learning experience for both my students who competed.
Both did really well in the show jumping and the dressage, but sometimes that XC will sneak up and bite you in the.......
That cute little Connemara needs a little extra practice. He is like the college kid who has to cram right before the test.
The other little grey did most his course pretty darn well! These two have a good partnership going, there just doesn't always seem to be a boss.....Or if there is one, sometimes its of the four legged variety;-)
With that said, both of my ladies tried the hardest they could with what they had that day.
Homework, Homework, Homework in this sport.
Hmmmm, I better plan some XC schooling of my own.....
This Friday my two mares have the Stephen Bradley clinic, and hopefully we can cram in a XC school each before Stephen gets busy with the AEC's and all his other work toward the World Equestrian Games!
Buckshot has been busy at local shows, and playing favorite at Darenth farm. I think there are a lot of girls hoping this little horse doesn't get sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment