Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Learning


I'm learning so much this week it's making my head spin. No joke, no exaggeration.
This experience is incredible.
My friends are incredible.
My horse is incredible.

Mara did such an awesome course walk, every thing she said was exactly how it was. ....Including the silly reason for my run out.
This course was long, big, technical, and freakin awesome. I got so caught up in the whole thing, I never showed beast her line at an angled brush.

When I was walking the course, this combination totally didn't worry me.
I didn't take into account the Loooooong gallop before it and having to pick Beasts head up to show her (even though Mara said to!)
Silly me.

The course in a whole was the most fun experience I could have hoped for.
It got better and better as it went. It felt effortless for my mare and I am so thankful to have her.

When I talked to Jimmy Wofford later, he told me alot of things.
He told me I need to stop talking while going cross country (shocker). But he had a valid reason. He said I distract her from her job.

I said I was a bit embarrassed to have looked up after my less then stellar dressage test and to have seen he had come to watch.
He told me she is a thoroughbred. And if I can do a good test on her, I can do it on anything.
He also told me that hes not concerned about his "kids dressage that are on their way to the top".
I didn't hear anything he said for a good five minutes after that. I was trying not to cry. I am very appreciative to hear those words.

Although when I told him my ego was hurt that I had the run out,
He did also say I had not accomplished enough to have an ego. :)
Keepin it real.

This is what I know.
I had a great ride today and I became a much better rider and have more tools to teach at a higher level.
My horse came off that course ready to rock advanced in February.
I learned so much more from my "mistake" then I would have from having a clean crappy go (all though I would have made time :).

Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment