Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Monday, April 1, 2013

Still catching up :)

After a bit of consideration, I think I am going to send the email to scratch my Beasty Bear from The Fork.
She had a small threat of tying up at Southern Pines and we had a solid plan for her to get to and through the fork.....Then on Saturday, I started to wonder, why am I hustling so hard and so much? I need to catch my breathe, my families breathe and my horses breath.
Beast is entered Advanced at Fair Hill two weeks after the Fork. I currently feel prepared for Fair Hill with out the extra run, but with realistic expectations for our dressage scores ;).  I do not want to bring a mentally and perhaps physically tired horse, with a tweeker of a rider to her first advanced. After conferring with the vet, the decision seems obvious!

In other news, I am excited about the upcoming unrecognized at Loch Moy which will be Summers debut and another novice under Ava's belt.
It will also be many of my students first outing!

Summer was a little star today doing flat work.
I glanced up to see what she had looked at (quite casually I must add). She had already looked away and focused inside the ring while I almost lost bladder control. Myra (my dog) was flinging the lunge whip up and down from the other side of the fence. The whip was flying ALL over the air and you couldn't even see the dog, just white fluffy hair! Summer acted like it was totally normal and continued the exercise that we were doing.
I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment