Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Clinic at the old "Menfelt"!!!

What a SUCCESS!!!!
Riders braved the warm weather and came out to the Beautiful Woodvale Farm for the Red Hawke Eventing clinic!!!!




Many eventers in this area have fond memories of the old Menfelt horse trials. Menfelt still carries a bit of magic and it is found at Woodvale farms.http://www.woodvalefarms.com/
Dressage rider and trainer Fred Weber makes a home at the facility http://www.fredweberdressage.com/HOME.html, as well as rider and instructor Valerie Frank.
The facilities are just lovely and (thank god) they often sport a breeze coming down from Braddock mountain.
That breeze was the saving grace for the clinic day. We were lucky enough to have the option of the newly footed indoor, but we ended up enjoying the picturesque outdoor!


We had a really cool mix of exercises.We did grid work, angled lines, gymnastics, and single fences (some of them creepy looking....but on purpose creepy looking). Then we put it all together to do some course work!
All though that sure is a mouthful of stuff, we broke it down for the horses so the concepts were simple and confidence building!


I remember taking clinics when I was younger (and still do) and some of them just being magical. Everything just sort of went perfect.
That is how I think yesterday was. You know why? 
The students that came.
They were such a lovely group of people, with such a cool group of horses.   I had as much fun teaching that clinic yesterday as I did when I was 13 and rode in my first Michael Page clinic. ........................
Which was FUN!


I can't wait to do it again!
Here are some photos, taken by the AMAZING photographer Hannah Youngblood!
 This is Alex Harvey and Duncan. Duncan was bought just about a year ago from Jessica Bottner Harris and Alex is doing a great job continuing his education!!!!!
 Kathy Savory riding her awesome horse Al!!!!!
 Amirah showing us that Ponies know what's up!
 Em and Jazz sure are looking good!!!
 I had to put this one up of me picking on Katherine Rizzo for wearing a tee shirt. For some reason she does not care about impressing me. Maybe it is all the torture I put her through on a daily basis  when I call her with stupid questions. (Katherine is the best best friend a person could hope for!)
 I had to put one in of myself. Smiling.
 I will now admit to my narcissism.
 The amazing Annie Larson and Rae!
 Setting up some cool spots in the shade!
 Dave and Maggie working hard on keeping Fred's Hammock from floating away.
Just the coolest photo ever.
Little girls with big dreams.

Everyone that attended the clinic, Hannah took tons of shots of all of you. Friend her on Facebook if you would like to see them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Now let me explain...It is kind of hard to wash ones polo shirts when there is no power and when one is busy entertaining a pool full of friends. Thus, the clinic top options were reduced to a sleeveless polo, an under armor running shirt or said "t-shit." In reality, the t-shirt in question is actually an expensive ariat cooling shirt so really, I came dressed to impress with something far better than a cheep polo shirt. - Katherine (all of the above said in an odd British accent)

    ReplyDelete