Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Waredaca day one....

Today was a good day.
After the stress of such a busy week, riding in the morning and then competing in the afternoon felt pretty relaxing!

I must say it does help to have an awesome owner!

Summer Reign did her first recognized event as well as her first beginner novice today!
She was amazing.
She was quiet and lovely.
She held it together in the dressage warm up when not one but two riderless horses galloped back from cross country.
The second horse went about ten feet from us!
I swear I heard Summer say "what kinda party is this?"

She shook her head a bit but that was it. I told her to stay focused and she did!

Her dressage test was great. She is such a lovely horse. She is also a lovely horse with a big canter.  She squeezed herself into that teeny ring really well!

Summer was  a bit tired in show jump. She jumped great and was very brave.

Cross country was great! After fence five, Summer tried to come to a walk.
"What do you mean keep cantering?......Ok if you say so crazy lady" she said.

Summer is incredibly brave and really great about her foot work.
She was so freaking amazing I was bummed when they gave her a 20 at the water.
She did go to prop at the water but I kept her moving forward and sideways for two steps, and then right in. Such a brave girl.

It is what it is. Out of my control and as far as Summa summa knows she won.
She did actually earn a ribbon even with the penalty points, she got a 6 th!

The most important thing today was the relationship that further developed between myself and that mare.
Shes got my back.
I can't wait to work on our down ward transitions, and school a few courses.
This horse has a big future. BIG.
I'm so lucky to be a part of it.
The sky is the limit on Summer. I hope to be a part of her future.
....................

Mostly because her future involves an awful lot of blue ribbons.

Just kidding.

Sort of.

Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment