Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, August 19, 2012

waredaca day two

Success!!!!........
.............
After a morning incident.

At 530 am, I received a text from Alexis saying "we can't catch her,even with grain".

I texted back "bring all the mares in, I'm on my way".

By the time I got to the barn,Callie was running laps and all the other mares were in their stalls.
It was now 6am.
So much for a bath.
By 630 am, I sat on the ground and thought about crying. Then I decided the day could be easier if I didn't compete.... then I remembered the 250$ entry.

What horse just runs around a field by it's self after its herd has come in?
Mine,my horse.

635am. Callie looks at me as if I just appeared and puts her Callie face in her halter.
Waredaca or bust.

Alexis braided super fast while her awesome friend Julia somehow made it look like Callie had a bath!

Callie was great in dressage earning a 35, doing her first recognized prelim test.
She broke in the trot lengthening but other then that she was in it to win it! Callie earned 8s on her counter canter and her downward transitions. Yayyy all the hard work is paying off!!!
Show jumping was a dream.
The footing in warm up is so hard,I didn't do much.
She went in that ring and OWNED it!
Callie show jumped double clear!

Cross country was great. Callie was running at the first three fences, blowing thru me. She scrambled over fence three, whacking her self. After that, she paid more attention, especially when it counted.
Callie was super brave with all the questions. She came back to me quite well when I needed her to, by the end of the course. I did school a bit on the first half of my course so I put some time on our final score.

I can not believe how wonderful Callie was today.
I knew things would come together, but I thought it would be next summer.
I am so happy with these wonderful,weird and quirky mares!
I am also so thankful for everyone that is in my support system. A special thanks to Alexis,Dave,  Maggie,and Sharon
I also want my new buddy Julie to appear and cheer before show jumping at every event.

No comments:

Post a Comment