Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Going strong!

Beasty looks good after her run this weekend! Callie looks happy because of a few days of consistent warm weather.
Summer has had a few days off, but this is truly my favorite mare coming back from a few days off, BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.
Now don't get me wrong, she may shake her head when there are children cantering, and I definitely don't sit there like nothing could happen. But this angel is consistent day in, day out. Weather changes, dogs, days off, nothing seems to phase her. What a love.
Summer will lunge today, do some flat tomorrow, and have a trail ride on Friday.
Beast will do some form of trot set today, dressage lesson tomorrow, and go have a blast with Harmony at Morgan run on Friday!!!

Callie was back to the sweetest mare in the world on Monday, her flat work is really coming along. Success at the counter canter, leg yielding, and baby lengthenings. Our down ward transitions are coming along as well. We did however do some Ballet moves on the "walk" afterwards. They were very graceful, but I almost had to change my pants afterwards. Take it as you will.

Yesterday we drove over to "A Bit Better Farm" for a lesson with Stephen. This was one of my best lessons to date. I know, I always say that, but I am trying so hard to listen and work my @$$ off, and it really is paying off!
We did some rather large jumps, I would estimate Callie is prepped for Training level.

Stephen had me stare at him as I went through the grid. This was weird. We were working on my straightness...
I just stared at him and tried not to feel awkward as the stripped poles came rushing up to me out of my peripheral vision.
Well I will be damned. My little mare was as straight as can be.

I used to duck left when I competed Knick, I think it was because of the giant neck that was in my face and I was trying to peek around it. Any ways, this habit has been creeping back over the last year.
My little mare was bringing her body under me.
I over compensated after that by going off to the right, and I will be damned if we didn't have a drift right.
I feel like someone gave me a new stainless tool box, just filled with state of the art tools between my lessons the last two weeks!!!!!

I must admit that it does warm my heart a bit that my horse was trying to stay with me as much as I try to stay with her. Well both of them, I do the same thing on Beast.

So today I am off to Walkersville to teach some lessons, then off to Darenth to teach and work the Fabulous Mares!!!!
Check back soon for the new "facilities" page on my blog!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment