Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, January 18, 2013

It's that time....

Things have been CRAZY BUSY!!!!!!!
The good news is that in exactly a week, I will be arriving in Aiken. Then I will be all alone (with my four legged besty Myra)in a camper every night and will have nothing better to do then blog obsessively. I suppose I could do the whole social thing but that would involve, well, being social.
Not so much.

The horses are doing so well.
I have made major break throughs with all of them.
Ava continues to simply amaze me.
Ava's flat work is definitely shinning. Once I get her work ethic fully established over the next month or so,I can not even begin to imagine how her training will take off, and where it can take us!

Beast is turning into a wild woman.
She has taken to bolting on our walk hacks. No, not little kid saying their pony bolted "bolting"......more like almost fall off the back of her and hang on her face for dear life kind of "bolting".
She is all business in the ring when practicing dressage, but I think we are definitely ready for Pine Tops cross country!!!

Callie has been the sweetest most wonderful little mare. Dare I say I have figured out some of her winter needs?
Only time will tell. I just hope and pray that I can keep this mare acting the way she is because I am in love.
One thing I know for sure is that I have found bribery works well with Callie. One can't squirt off from the mounting block if they are busy looking for their post mounting treat. Also loading her back up with Back on Track products seems to help ;)

Summer has also turned a corner. She turned off of awesome street with some pot holes of distractions and puddles of goofy....We made a right hand turn onto Amazing street with clean white lines of focus and beautiful pavers of submission.
I am so excited about her upcoming year.

I am looking forward to my time in Aiken with Duncan Doodles and Fiesta.

I will miss my little Maggie Bear to no ends. I am so thankful that Dave will be able to drive with me to set me up, and to visit often. I will miss all my client/friends.
I wish I had more time to work with Vanessa. We have started making so much progress.
I hate to cut this short but I have a date with a three year old. We have a slumber party planned in the Family room!!!!!

I didn't proof read this, sorry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment