Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Today

Today was busy! Ava hacked around the show grounds after having 8 days off. I also turned Beast and Callie out with out her moments before I mounted. She was perfect any ways. :) Duncan napped for a while this morning. He was resting up to be a bit of a wild man for his mid day ride. Ironically enough we almost took out his old owner Jessica Botner-Harris. Thankfully she is super nice. I felt bad I couldn't stop and chat but we were going sideways at a bit of speed. Doodles was just upset about leaving fiesta behind. He is a very dedicated gentleman. We worked at the trot for awhile stretching. Then we focused on repetition, repetition, repetition. Duncan was walking totally relaxed by the end of it just soaking up the big show atmosphere like a pro.

This experience is so amazing for the horses.

All of the horses have had a bit of an attachment disorder....Except fiesta. She was not too concerned about going for a little ride on her own. In fact she has quite the air about her this year. She acts like a confident, popular teenager. I think I embarrass her. Callie and Beasty were both good. Beast was ready to pounce on that cross country though. Pounce like a cat on an unsuspecting squeaky victim.

Everyone has bellys full of yummy hay, stalls bedded to the max, and happy little faces.

Tomorrow most of the horses will hack out and peek at the cross country then do a bit of flat work.

I'm glad that I have allowed proper time for the horses to adjust to the sandy footing. It is quite a change for them!

I am beat. I'm sure this blog post reads a bit odd....maybe I should post in the morning after my coffee!

Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment