Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Monday, October 18, 2010

Maryland Horse Trials!!




What a busy day we had! Emily started us of right, winning her novice division on her dressage score of 30. She had one of her best show jumping rounds to date, and looked fantastic cross country! Go Emily!!!!!
Callie did things right and finished on her dressage score of 15.5! Do your thing California Comet! I hoped that my little 4 year old, that has only been in work since June would just not jump out of her skin at the event, she out did herself! This horse is something special.
Gena's horse Brighten started out in warm up, better then I ever have seen him go. I mean holy s#*t amazing!
Then the wind picked up, and the tents were blowing, and Gena still managed an amazing dressage test. Show jumping, the wind continued to blow, but the pair held it together, despite one iffy moment. Cross country looked fabulous, until the last fence. I can never say it enough. There are some downsides to a REALLY athletic horse.
So the side picture is Alexis, Gena, Hannah and Hannah's friend watching Em go. The Top one has Packer and Alexis's leg in it.Unfortunately , this is the only picture I have of Alexis from the event (so far).
Alexis rode perfectly all day. Packer was pretty perfect also. Packer has made a full recovery from a leg injury. He lives in the stall next to Callie and every time I try to go in Callie's stall, I feel a nose shoving in my neck or my pocket. Packer. It was cute the first 45 times. ;-)
What I am trying to say is that I think both Packer and Alexis were so happy to be back at it, after all the hard work and waiting. They got 5th place, no small feat considering the competition! These lower divisions are no joke! At least half seem to be professionals!
We were joined by the wonderful Alexa Henry, and Katie Cindric. What a great group.
Congrats everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment