Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Busy Week!!!

This has been a busy week for us!!! Its been wonderful that the weather has been so nice, and cooperated with all the plans that we had!!!
Beast finally popped some stuff out of her heel bulbs, a bruise and an abscess poor thing. I spoke too soon when I posted before that she was back in action! I suppose that's the way of the world, never count your chickens before they hatch.
Its lonely not riding my little spicy mare, good thing Callie is eager to step up to the plate, and that Darenth has a group of talented young horses!!!
Darenth's lesson students all rode like a million dollars this week! I think it may have been one of the best weeks I have ever had teaching. Every one was focused, and riding well.
Darenths new student Brianna has a lot of promising talent, and is sure to be a feather in our caps!
Megan Mcclain has been making great strides, and both her and Bandits "momma" Ameriah have done fabulous with him!!!
Alison C. has come so far in the last couple months, it makes my head spin just thinking about it!!!!
My good friend Alison B. has had a series of break throughs with both her dressage and her show jumping in the last three weeks, and I can't wait to see how far her and Mikey will come this winter.
Lets not forget about Hunter on the "Fance". This team is kinda incredible to watch jump.

In other news, on Wednesday I had an insanely amazing lesson with Susan G White! I can't believe how much I have learned from this woman this year. I feel like a different rider on the flat. I can not wait till the Beastling is ready to go into full work so we can do dressage boot camp with both Susan G. White and Fred Weber ( who is also incredible with her I might add).

On Thursday Callie went to the Stephen Bradley clinic at A Bit Better farm. It was wonderful.
Callie just continues to amaze me more and more. I feel blessed to have such a promising young horse, and am just thankful every day for having had the opportunity to ride her.

On Friday Sharon and I had a farm field trip. We tried out a horse at Stephens, a REALLY talented horse, a really really talented horse!!!! It was great because I got a lesson on him, flat and then jump!!! Yea!!!!
Three days worth of lessons, what a treat!
My friday night group had a lot of success with their lesson, a good day all around.

Today, I had a relaxing ride at Piney Run, and I rode Knick. Now those of you that know Knick may assume I am being sarcastic, BUT I'M NOT!!! Perhaps next I will see little piggies flying about singing show tunes.

Summer is her usual amazing self. We may do a trail ride in the next week or two. I am already planning some field trips for her next fall. =o)
This is the week for being thankful coming up, and so far I have a lot to be thankful for!
Thank you everyone that has made this all possible. Next week, I think Red Hawke Eventing will do an official Thanks to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment