Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Serra Valley Jumper Show!!!

What a fabulous day!!!! Thank you to all that came!! Thank you to all my wonderful volunteers who made this day run smoothly (Kari, Alexis, Katie C, Hunter, pork chop, Doozers), and successfully! We had a great turnout. Darenth Farm made sure to represent!!!
Congrats to Katie C, Alison C, Ameriah, Brianna C, Hunter F, Sam, Hannah, Julia, and last but CERTAINLY not least, Piper! You guys cleaned up!
Katherine Rizzo (who is working on getting her course designing license) designed the courses, and they were AWESOME!
She and her students all had a successful day as well!
Alison B did awesome with Mikey!
All of Red Hawkes other friends rocked it out as well!
We love all the feed back we got, and can't wait to make these shows just the way that the competitors want them!
Feel free to email me ... Mary.Macklin1@gmail.com with any suggestions or questions that you may have. We are planning the next show date and are thinking of either Dec 18 or a "Holiday show" on a weekday before New Years but after Christmas. What do you guys think?
I was so proud to see all my students out there today. As usual, I got a bit teary eyed as I was so happy!
Good old Dave did the scoring, and kept me company all day. I chugged coffee and talked a million miles a minute much to his ever increasing delight. Dave is my Bestie and I sure do love him! Go Dave!
My sis and brother in law watched the Magsters so she could have a break from the weekend ritual of horse shows. She clucks now whenever she sees a picture of anything that even remotely resembles a horse. This was very entertaining at Thanksgiving. Eeyore, giraffes, elephants, all in books and hung on the walls would prompt a clucking noise from wherever Maggie was, followed by "howrse?"

Back to the subject of this post....
The food was great at the Serra Valley show, thanks to Dawn and her crew.
All in all a real success!
The leg work was done by Alison aka pork chop, Laney (who is incredible, and wait til she makes her showing debut on Patsy her paint mare!!!) me and Dave. Of course, like I said, the Fab courses were designed by the ever amazing Katherine! If I am forgetting anyone I will be sure to add them in.

Thanks all, can't wait to do it again! :-* (That's a smooch if you don't know texting faces)

No comments:

Post a Comment