Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Good week so far!

My bestie and I have had good days this week. We have done a lot of cleaning, messing up, cleaning, messing up etc.
Mags is the best Yoga partner in the world. She likes to really push the body weight training thing from my body weight, to my AND HER body weight. She really likes to crawl on my back or legs when I am in a posture. Thanks Mags!
Our ring was good on Monday, thanks to Mr. Nicks plowing. I was able to have a really fabulous ride on Callie. We had to do some pattern work, to avoid the puddles, but it was a great suppling exercise. It is especially exciting that she was so good because she had 4 days off prior to that! Callie was due for a "staycation", and will stay on it until her weekly dressage lesson (Friday). She has held up, and tried so hard for me. All this trailering can take its toll on a little green girl, and I want my rising star to be happy and healthy! (Oh and "Succeed", it is AMAZING- A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Both princesses get it sometimes, it is a miracle. Highly recommend it. )
I am hoping to do lessons at Darenth maybe on Friday? The puddles on the ring were smaller yesterday.
Our driveway is on a "when necessary and walk the horses to the end of it otherwise" vacation. All this trailering and stupid snow has taken its toll on everyone/thing.
Thankfully the driveway was frozen last night, (as opposed to SOFT mud/stone)so I was able to take Beast and Packer to Serra Valley.
They waited in the trailer, flirted over a bag of hay while I taught Heather. Heather looked good, and she is waiting for "Bolter" to come in the next few weeks for his vetting.
Alexis had an AMAZING dressage lesson! Holy s@#t! Alexis, like all my ladies, shows a lot of core strength improvement. God knows she is going to need it to sit that HUGE trot that Packers giving us now! Such a sweet unassuming boy, but boy is his dressage becoming head turning.
My Beastling continues to give me hope that she could be quite competitive on the flat this year (for pre-lim at least ;). At this point, it comes down to strengthening her hind end and back, so we can really sit her down at the canter. This means it also comes down to me being stronger, but also more elastic.
Anyways, I am looking forward to my ladies weekly jump lesson tonight. I am so excited that Linda, my new "old" student will be joining us!
Packer will be keeping me company.... well me and Riley AKA "the trailer destroyer" company. Packer will get his training ride tonight. I love training horses that I really enjoy riding! It makes life and work something to really look forward to!
Sent from my MaryBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment