Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day of rest


Today was a day of rest!
My girls had off and I caught up on some sleep. I'm looking forward to even more sleep soon!
Alison had a lesson with Stephen and Katherine got some great videos!
No words can express how great my mare was yesterday. Her dressage was pretty average for our current level of work so I was happy she still got such a low score.
I am excited about what we are capable of achieving when we aren't doing our test in the pouring rain with Beasty lifting her tail at every gelding and SUPER deep footing!
Beasty had the best show jumping we have ever had. We did tick a silly rail but it was my fault.I just lowered my rear end a fraction of a second too soon.
I think I dare say, I may have figured out how to show jump this mare!
I have been riding very successfully in the hackamore, really focusing on a quiet ride. I had to do some quick thinking yesterday though. The footing was deep and sticky and the course only rode well very forward. I made a risky decision and rode a wee bit different and it worked brilliantly.
Cross country was a blast. The course was very straight forward. It was a big boost for Beasts confidence. I'm happy with the competition plan I came up with for Beasty. It should work out that she will be in a really good mental place this year.

I'm having a blast with Katherine and Alison. Also my new buddy Becky and of course Stephen and his crew.
We all had a lot of fun last night....except poor Katherine. She ate something funny yesterday and didn't feel so hot last night.
I am so happy to have such amazing people in my life.
I woke up from an afternoon nap to chinese food from Katherine! Yummy!!!!!! Thanks Katherine!
We are going to trail ride in Hitchcock woods tomorrow. Then the rest of the week will be full of serious focus and lessons to get all the comp horses ready.
I am dying to see my little girl and Dave. Two weeks is too long.
I am so exited that they will arrive on Friday!!! I have all sorts of presents for my sweet girl.
I also can't wait to give Dave a big hug! He continues to be so supportive and wonderful. It means so much to  me to have stability. This sport is like being on boat, full of small swells, a few storms and some sunny days. I am along for the ride and grateful for the company I have.

I'm so sorry for the people hurt in the recent  dangerous weather and tornadoes.
Every day really is a gift especially when you do what you love for a living.
My life is a good one and if I ever forget that I want some one to smack me in the head.
I'm going to go eat more chinese now!

Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment