Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Things are good

It is 830 and I am going to sleep.
I have a busy day tomorrow! Fiesta is going to school at Sporting days, Beast and Callie are flatting and I will be riding one of Stephens horses.

This trip is good for my heart.

I had a great lunch today with Katherine and some old friends.
My friends are so much like my family, it is nice to catch up, stay in touch, sit quietly and stuff our faces.
I like that I have had to be independent yet I have still been forced to be social.

I like laughing and having nothing in life being serious or important, except delight.
I like people that interrupt themselves with their own laugh.
I like it when nothing makes sense and there is the opportunity to watch craziness from a safe distance.
Not mean craziness, funny craziness....Like people and their weird rituals.
I like people that say horribly inappropriate things. I like people that I can say inappropriate things too.
I like horses.
I like being out side.
I like being in Aiken.
I like eating a lot. (Poor Kari is going to have her work cut out for her when I get back. This bootie is going to need to get whipped into shape)
I like my new friends. They laugh in the middle of a sentence and tell me I should take ativan.
I love the three classy hussies that I am competeing.
I like feeling alive.
I like this life and I am glad to be living it.
Sometimes I feel serious and I wonder about certain things. I worry about things that I want, things I have lost, what will be or could have been. Will I achieve certain goals, what goals to aim for.

I guess it all matters but none of it really does. I am doing what I am doing and it makes my heart light.

I can not wait to get back and teach all my students again. I do miss them all.
I miss Summer as well.
I miss a small toddler that likes to eat brownies and donuts and told me yesterday that I was beautiful.

I try to watch a lesson that Stephen teaches for every lesson I would normally teach in a week.
(It is not hard, he teaches ALL DAY LONG)

In the absence of responsibility, I promise to laugh at every dog that pee's on my hay.
Every horse hay bale thief on the farm. Every porta potty that blows over in the wind. Every serious discussion I have with a stranger .....where secretly I have no idea what they are talking about so I smile bigger. Every time I go to the bathroom and forget to check ahead of time for toilet paper.
Every photo that Alison took in Hitchcock woods............even "that" one.
Every time Becky spills her wine on a very nice place mat. Every theme song that I come up with for my peers.

Yummy Yummy

Every spill
Every knocked over item
Every miss
Every nappy bastard
Every bruise
Every serious discussion that requires funny gestures such as arm flapping or hip thrusting.
Every yawn and angry look.

Life is good and it is happening right now.
I miss everyone and can not wait to share.

Check out this hot little red head...

No comments:

Post a Comment