Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Monday, February 25, 2013

Crazy week!

Yay Beasty!
Beasty was a bit tense in the dressage but a total dream the rest of the weekend ending 5th!!!
Callie warmed up beautifully but threw in some opinions in her dressage test!
The footing was questionable at best for show jumping on sat afternoon.
I was going to scratch callie but then decided to warm up and make a decision. Callie was a bit up in the warm up and tweaked my shoulder a bit so that made my decision easy! We scratched and she did not seem very happy about it!
Ava, Duncan and Fiesta continue to be angels. I think I had a break through with Duncan today.
I can't really describe it but it was like he decided "ok, she is boss mare". At the end if the ride, he stood perfectly while I untacked him. He wasn't tied to anything and he didn't try to shove the stall door open to run away! Progress
Ava has really made me fall in love.
As the time comes to choose what horse to sell, I think the most logical choice will be Callie.
I have mixed feelings but it just seems right.
Beast will be moving up to advanced in april (if everything continues as is) and this is an expensive sport!
Back to work!

Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment