Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Aiken

So the last few days have been wonderful but busy busy!
Six of Stephens horses arrived Tuesday as well as my friend Mandy and her horses.
Well actually Julia and i picked up Mandy on Tuesday early early am at a gas station where her and her horses encountered a truck hiccup while hauling down.
Mandy did not seem at all phased by the whole experience in true Mandy fashion.
We all went back to Full Gallop and settled the horses in. Stephen and the rest of the crew and horses are snowed in at home and hopefully arrive tomorrow!

All my mares are all in full work and have never felt better.
It is so amazing what this aiken footing, sun and atmosphere can do  for a girl.
Jeff came today and did a pre season exam on the girls. Beast looks awesome and "full of sass". We did flexions to get a base line and will check her again after her first intermediate of the year. Then if we are on track, she will run advanced at Pine top advanced.

Ava has been cleared. She has really felt great the last few days. I love her so much (except for when she spooked and ran me into a tree.)
We are doing a few extra things to treat her abscess wound. And of course finishing with her stupid leg trauma she got right before we came.
As Jeff put it, if she is going to some day take beasts spot, she has to give me something to fret about.

I'm not even going to start in on Beasts latest development with her blanketing weirdness. I just can't even sometimes.

Summer has been a super trooper. She has been reliable about everything. Reliable about begging for food, reliable about pawing if she is getting tacked and i walk away, reliable about being an angel when ridden.

Summer competes this weekend at full gallop then at sporting days and paradise. She will probably not spend very long at training level if i am able to train with Stephen as much as i plan while down here. This horse is really coming into her own this year.

Ava will get entered at Paradise (hopefully) tomorrow. She will first require a nap in the sun together.......
After her five thousand freaking treatments for her masochistic nature.

I have participated in another hot yoga class. This one focused on shoulders, hamstrings and hip flexors (the worst areas on all riders but especially me).
I was not feeling very zen. I was frustrated with my body. I am going to keep this up. If i expect what i do out of my horses I need to stay on top of my fitness, focus and flexibility.

OK I'm going to turn my white noise ocean waves on and go to sleep. Tomorrow's another big day and then my Dave and little magalicious arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment