Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Thursday, January 16, 2014

We arrived!!!!

Well we are all settled in here at Julia's beautiful farm in Aiken!
The trip was wonderfully uneventful.

Dave and Maggie took me to the barn this am. I happily wrapped legs while Dave loaded more hay in the trailer.

Of course Ava bashed herself at some point before i got there this morning. This resulted in a slightly swollen leg and an unsound trot.
I did not cry or tantrum. I thought logically, sweat wrapped, gave bute (some, she wouldn't eat it all), set out uniprim to bring, and loaded the horses.

Then i cried..... And maybe dry heaved a few times.
I said goodbye to Maggie, gave Dave and Elizabeth a hug, got in the truck, and called Jeff Beshear.
For those of you who don't know the amazing Jeff Beshear, he is the best sports medicine vet EVER. He is going to be coming thru Aiken, he helps at all the shows, and he fixed Beast for me last year.
Any ways, he answered (cause he's the best vet ever.... So is Megan though. But she is not coming to Aiken at all)
And told me to sweat wrap-check, bute- check, pack smzs in case in better light i find a small puncture-check. He also told me to put a shipping boot on over the standing wrap to keep the leg protected. ......
OK crisis temporarily averted.

I did some driving.
I listened to some punk rock, rap, and chakra cleansing music.
I refueled, offer some perfect mares water.
I tried not to notice the 7,561 shredded tires along the shoulder of the highway. I like to think about what i would do if i had a blow out and then i worry that thinking about it will make it happen.

I seriously can't believe how good Summer was/is.
She's taking it all in stride. I think she kind of likes it.
Beast definitely likes it. She is in looooove with one of Julia's geldings.
Poor Ava looks exhausted.

I unpacked some hay bales....
I wished that Hunter, Dave, and Patrick were here.
Then i wished that Hunter, Dave and Patrick were here again.
Then i finished unpacking hay bales.
I ate a lovely salad, brussel sprouts, and cheese prepared by Julia.
I'm typing this and then I'm going night night.
I'm not proof reading or spell checking.

I also don't know how my blog got hacked before but it will probably happen again. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment