Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, January 24, 2014

Another busy day!
Dave and Mags are almost here. They will stay thru Monday.
Tomorrow we will take the mares to Full Gallop. They have a dressage show at the farm and I have lessons with Stephen in the warm up area.
Summer goes back on Sunday to do her first event of the year!

Beast practiced flying changes today. She has pretty easy clean changes one way but is slow behind the other way. Julia helped me tremendously.  It is really nice to have someone in the ring with an educated eye.
We broke it down with one walk step between and i think she may actually have reliable changes before too long!
Ava had another trot day. She is just loving Aiken.
Summer had an easy lunge day. She jumped yesterday and did a trot.
I am so lucky to be staying at such a lovely place.
The cabin is so airy and light filled and the horses are very happy and relaxed.
They get to be turned out 24 hours a day which they love. Beast stays in on cold nights that require a lot of blanketing since she is a weirdo.

I miss everyone back home.
I'm going to get ready for my little family to arrive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment