Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, March 18, 2011

new days












Crazy week!
Mags and I both have been sick on and off since Tues. Thankfully, we were sick AFTER we got to see my new niece!
The lesson on Thursday was wonderful. It was just as amazing as the last lesson with Jimmy, and I have a lot of new tools and insight. Sharon came with me, she somehow managed to snap a few shots on the camera phone. The timing is just impossible on those things! So Beasty looks like a super hero who is putting down her landing gear!Jimmy said he pretty much saw sky between her belly and the standard tops!
He had us work on a lot of things, and I will continue to process it and keep trying!
Summer has been her amazing self. Even after a few days off and being ridden during lessons (for the first time) she was great!!!
Callie, not so much. Callie, while feeling like a very compressed spring, did manage to control her athletic self. I will admit though, I get a little adrenaline rush.
Beast has been handled by the capable hands of Kari this week (other then the Jimmy lesson), due to my sickness and a whopping week of non horsey stuff.
I wish it could all be horses, family and sleep.
My lesson students this week were amazing!
It brings me such joy to see the brilliant smiles on the faces of the ladies, men and kids that I work with.
Tomorrow its the jumping derby at Marlborough for me (Callie), Alexis, and Julia.
Then unfortunately, next week I will have to spend catching up on overdue non-horsey chores. I will still be teaching my regular wonderful lessons, but I had to cancel my much needed and anticipated dressage lesson with Vanessa. Bummer. Reality sucks.

"Reality is the number one cause of insanity among those who are in contact with it"

I have chosen April 4th as my new exciting day to look forward to. Not for any reason. It just seems like a good goal. Maybe I will make it planned purchase day.
(The other jumping photos are of Katie C on Freckles-app., and Julia on Princess-who is doing her trademark tail flip!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment