Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Stuff

What a week!
Tuesday I had an OMG ride on Beast (good) then yesterday, after leaving her in while her mare friends went out, I had another OMG ride on her (not so good).
She worked into the right frame of mind after about 20 minutes and then we had some pretty good work.
I also had Summer left in for me, we never made it as far as a ride. We opted for some lungeing after a less then productive attempt at a walk to the ring. Summer is after all three years old, and days of naughtiness are few and far between so I will pick and choose my battles.
I won't go into details but the consensus is that Summer sure is beautiful as she runs away down the driveway, straight at poor Nick coming home after a hard long days work.
Callie was wonderful yesterday in her lesson with Stephen. It was POURING down rain during the whole thing and all three horses in my group acted like it was a normal situation. I love these animals.

Nico did some amazing work today. Stunning he is.
Val and Hannah both ROCKED OUT in their lessons! Both Marley and Raven looked perfect.
Katie and Alison had really good flat rides in the dressage ring at Serra Valley. Both ladies had their horses connected! Buckshot is something else when he is into the bridle!
Kari and Knick had the perfect tune up for Loch Moy.
My other Hannah, Elizabeth, and Ameriah all did grid work. Hannah S is teaching Goose(new horse) the ropes. Ameriah and Elizabeth have made great strides in their position.
Alison and Riley looked awesome today also!!!!

So tomorrow I will walk the course with Stephen, clean up Beasty, do my mandatory pre-competition yoga, and clean tack. Summer and Callie will do a little something also.

Now I am going to stuff my face with food and watch Dateline while Maggie sleeps. Then its back out to teach Em on her two fabulous horses!

Here are my random pass and fails....
Ugg flip flops - Fail
Plastic flip flops from grocery store-pass
F.I.T.S breeches -pass
F.I.T.S breeches in July and trying to use the porta potty real quick between horses at a show-Fail
(They stick to you as well as the stick to the saddle)
( ....I just ordered tropical riders and will post my opinion in case any one cares)
Maggie Macklin-Pass
Maggie Macklin calling me "Mary"- undecided
Margret Rizzo-Pass (thanks for the silver stuff)
The weather channel saying it was going to be 105 yesterday-FAIL (I'm glad only a few lessons got canceled)
Kaliente-Laney's horse who is currently at our farm -Pass
(What a sweetheart!)
Vitamin B stress complex (for people)- PASS
Beasts new supplements (including the pelleted electrolytes since she will not eat powder)- Pass
Callie on Mare Magic- Pass
Having to use the trailer that the barn swallows made a nest in-Fail
Watching the barn swallows swarm the nest when I bring the trailer back to it's spot(just eggs in it so far)-Pass
Knowing I will not be driving it once the eggs hatch-undecided



1 comment: