Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ahh a day off.
Today started with putting in the dogs in their recently fenced yard.
The following is a reenactment of the conversation Dave and I had prior to fence install.

"Oh this is going to be so nice!"
Then Dave replies "Oh I know. The dogs will be so much easier to take care of!"
"Yes. Scruffy will be so happy. She will get to run and play and then she will be so much better behaved in the house. Maybe she will stop sniffing the floor obsessively. Perhaps she will stop shredding the carpet. Peeing out of anger. Pacing, whining, barking, scratching, making me want to rip all my hair out and run from the house screaming!"-Me
Dave then says "Yep this is great."

It took Scruffy one day to find a way out. Then every time we plugged a hole, she would find another. Then when she ran out of holes to find, her desire to cause an accident on Howard Chapel drive increased with my desire for her to be run over in an accident on Howard chapel drive. What I mean is, she just started making her own holes. Hole after Hole. She can fit her rat like little body through about 1/4'' space. So the hole digging doesn't take her very long.

Thus Scruffy is on a 50 foot zip line inside an acre of brand new fenced in yard.
This does not deter her from breaking out.
She said to tell the world "no one can hold this bit(# down. Not even Alcatraz."
She says it with her actions.
Please note the zip line still attached to her collar in the photo. Also note the white pickets and board of wood used by myself to try to discourage the most determined dog in the whole freaking state of Maryland.

In other dog news, the new puppy Myra continues to be AWESOME. I love love love her.
She is almost 5 months old now. I think I might need to get a bigger baby gate.

Bobby, the third dog continues to be just about perfect except for the horrific odors that come from his body. Horrific.


No comments:

Post a Comment