Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Morven Day 2

I must address something.
The noise I make while going cross country.
If you do not know me, I make noise. A lot of noise. For some reason I do it the most on Beast. And mostly at Intermediate.

It is actually a combination of grunting and yelling good girl.
The grunting is not a quiet noise, it is like a heavy man at the gym. A man that is really over doing it and as you watch you worry that the vein that is sticking out of his head is going to burst.
It is the noise that I seem to make when I put my leg on as hard as I possibly can. All though my horse is generally going with out the leg clamp. It just happens, it is it's own thing so I respect the grunt and allow it to coexist with my desire to tell Beast she is good.

As for the wild yelling of good girl I am unaware when I do it. I must admit I cringe a bit when I hear it on videos and then I hear the videographers laugh.
My horse is delighted with my noise and I am delighted with her.

The day I stop telling a brave girl she is amazing is the day I need a break or to retire.
I used to be loud back in the day when I was a teenager and it seems I am reliving my youth.
Anyways I am going on this tangent because you can hear it in some of my XC videos. I left it on there, I wear my freak flag proudly.
Don't worry, I don't do it in dressage or showjumping ;)

Anyways on to the Morven report....

The wild woman was just that, A WILD WOMAN.
I was a bit worried in XC warm up that I may not make it to the start box! I have never felt Beast quite so wild! I didn't do a whole lot in warm up, just like four jumps. I did do a lot of trot work so I could get her moving laterally and suppling.
She left that box on a mission and I had the time of my life.
Beast has adjusted her jumping style from huge, to huge with superman front legs and a additional kick behind.
She was a star at all the questions. I over rode the water a bit,  she jumped great.
She is getting fitter, stronger and faster.
Beast moved up to 9th in a solid Open Intermediate division!!!!
I better spend some more time with Vanessa, Beasty wants a yellow then a blue!

Sharon and Cappy had a phenomenal dressage (a 28 I think), a perfect show jump around a tricky course, and rode AMAZING in the XC.
Cappy had a bit of worry at the ditch but she rode with clarity and got him through it. She finished the course in style!

Em had to scratch due to a flat truck tire :(

Next up we have Iron Bridge on Saturday and an XC school with Stephen on Sunday!
Then Alexis and the Macklins head up to Plantation the following weekend!

Alexis is doing an awesome job at being my competition assistant. From paperwork to studs, directions and scheduling to forcing me to eat, it is a pleasure and an honor to have her!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment