Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, May 25, 2012

After a long day....


This morning I taught two amazing Sharons. They both rode so well!
Our new horse Justin is pretty awesome. He is learning how to jump, is super brave and"boings" over fences. Like a certain chestnut I know.
I worked out with Kari.
Then back to the barn for my first ride with Vanessa!
Callie was my first horse. She has been good since Tues.
Of course on monday I planed to get her all kinds of supplements, re visit her jump saddle fit, pull some blood work,  put her on natural stomach soother (gastro-gaurd for a month didn't change her kicking out)you know indulge the crazies in my head.
Now that June is upon us, Callie will probably make the switch back to her little lamb self regardless of my wasted money and yet again I will wonder if it was something I did or really just her"mare ness".
One would think I would know the answer since this is the third spring I have done this with callie.
Anyways, Callie was fabulous.
A switch to Beast while Alison rode Knick and round two was under way!
Beasty was good. She feels like shes ready for a good cross country run. She has Waredaca next weekend so that will make her happy.This mare is super fit. Her big competition is not until mid July so I'm going to have to get creative with her fitness schedule. I may have to give her a little vacation in late june so she is not tweeked out come the big weekend!
Another change of horse while Kari rode, and Summer was up.
Summer was a bit fresh. I kept steady correct pressure on her and she yielded. The mare is starting to become more broke.
I got trot work out of her that I have NEVER felt on any animal.
Kari sprayed her off for me when we were done. Summer does not let any one but Kari spray her.

It wouldn't be a mare that I rode unless it had personality!

Dave and I are headed to Michigan now. Maggie gave me some cuddles while I rested and Dave drove.

I am looking forward to a few weeks really focusing on my dressage.  I will be visiting my amazing Vanessa Swartz alot, and also Fred Weber. Fred demands alot and uses different wording for the same things that Vanessa asks of me. He also has a barn that is new to Callie and thats always a plus!

We have a lot of really great things coming up at Darenth Farm!
Check out Darenths Facebook or Red Hawke Eventings NEW Facebook fan page!
Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment