Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Busy days!!!

Yesterday, both of my mares went for dressage with Vanessa. They both did great. They also had a jump school with Stephen on Wednsday(the videos are from that) so they have had a busy week!
After coming back from Vanessa's, I had to ride Summer then scoot to teach Julia.
Then Julia and I  headed over to walk the course at Iron Bridge with Rachel, and Carolyn.
I got home and Dave and Maggie had scrubbed my trailer!
Maggie did most of the work of course.

Iron Bridge was today.
We were able to sneak in an entry for Summer.
We have decided to do a number of really low stress shows with her Fabulous self. Summers too special to overload. We had originally planned to do the USEA Young Event Horse competitions with her. They have to start out as 4 year olds at the equivalent of novice. I tried to have her ready for BN at Redland a few weeks ago, and thought I did have her ready. When we tried to warm up for dreassage, she was beside herself with worry and we elected to scratch.

THE PLAN WORKED!!!!! Summer finished in FIRST on her dressage score of 21.3!
The judge actually thanked us for performing the test for her :)
Summer was very brave and quiet with all the commotion. I could not have asked her to be any better in any of the phases. She will continue with low stress levels until she says she is ready to go forward. If she ends up being ready for the YEH stuff, great! If not, this mare has bigger fish to fry any ways.



Special that Summer is!


Julia also took Violet to Iron Bridge.
They Jamned out.
Violet was so wonderful in dressage! She was also a gem in both Jumping phases going double clear!
Julia has put a lot of work into Violet and herself and it sure paid off today!!! They ended up second! Hopefully I will have some pictures soon :)


Rachel competed her little mare Zoe.
They won their division finishing on her dressage score!!!
Rachel and Zoe both looked picture perfect around those jumps!


I couldn't be more proud!!!!!!!!!!



Tomorrow we have a clinic with Stephen at Gordonsdale.
It's been a busy weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mary,

    Thank you so much for helping me the best I can be on Zoe!!! I will send you the videos from yesterday.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete