Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Beast intermediate plantation



I am proud of this show jump.
Beasty was quite naughty in dressage. She kept spooking at the letters! But I just rode. And rode pretty well!
 Before I went in showjumping, I felt calm and I knew what to do. Beast was quiet and lazy in warm up. I had to abandon how I normally ride her (on a loose contact and just stay out of her way). I had to kick her up to the connection and ride her! I was able to adjust and it was great.
All the hard work is paying off.
Beasty was AWESOME cross country!
She was not impressed with the tables that were all a bit smaller then the ones at Loudon. I had to try to set her up a little more so she wouldn't just run at them. She is starting to really read the terrain well and she was brave as could be! THEN the rider on course ahead of me had an unfortunate fall and we were held. FOR FOURTEEN MINUTES.
It was right before the second water so I asked to warm up over a training table then go to my table to the water. When we started again I gave Beast a smacky and we were off!!!!!
Beast was even better then before! I again had a slightly different horse at the last third of the course and this time didn't adjust as fast as needed. I could have ridden a few a bit better here but Beast has my back. That's a good feeling. A really good feeling.
Beasty got a ribbon for eighth place in an open division of 20. Not too shabby !!!! Sally Cousins got 1st, 2nd and 3rd as usual. Ahh Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment