Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Callie training plantation



Ahhh. Callie.
Callie is something else.
Callie was also naughty in dressage. I have the video and will post it soon. She tried to jump out of the ring. I don't actually think she was being bad at that moment, I think she needs medicine for ADD.
Callie is just going through a phase. The phase consists of trying to pick fights. I had Stephens voice in my head saying "Just send her forward".
I think the judges see her and nail her for her tension. What they don't know is that the "tension" is a desire to let her hind end rip.  I see some dressage shows in her future. Then in about six months to a year, I see 20's as her scores.
Callie was her lovely self in show jump warm up.
I only cantered a few fences. I felt bad leaping through the air as others were trying to warm up.
Callie show jumped a bit cocky. I let her have the one rail she had. I am going to spend her time at Training level doing just that and Training her.
She get's SOOOOOO MAD when she has a rail, you can see it!!!!
She's jumping great and I was really happy with her.

When we headed to XC, we waited for our turn. When we had 30 seconds left to leave the box, they put another hold on course. This time for a broken fence.
Ahh. I love my start being postponed when I wonder if I may die leaving the box. Callie can be unruley if she can't see her first fence.
Finally time to start 3,2,1 and we trotted, Callie peered her head, saw her fence and Cantered straight to it. I swear when we were in the air she was looking for the next fence. She was amazing. Obedient, BRAVE, Catty and careful. She loved it when I yelled good girl. She would pin her ears and gallop for a few strides.
Callie is a bad ass. I have to stick through the naughties and I will have an Advanced horse that will be in the top 10 after dressage and finish in the top 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment