Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Friday Saturday Sunday

Busy Busy!!!!
Walkersville lessons rocked it out!!!!
Emily on Jazz at the old Menfelt horse trials facility...

When I took this picture, I was thinking "I love my job!"

Emily had great lessons on both her horses. We practiced our different canters, show jump, gallop fence, coffin, and a notch above coffin. It all seemed to stick and make sense to Em and her horses.

Val and Hannah both looked AMAZING. Both had breakthrough lessons on their position. Val -oner the fences, Hannah on her approach and landing!


Jo looked great as usual on Misty mare!

After Walkersville, I traveled to home turf- Darenth.
Ameriah, Ali, and Riley had a great lesson. They all did different exercises and all looked great!
All the horses are really jumping and doing rails well!!!!!!

Alexis hacked Beast for me while I taught, thks Alexis!!!!!
I like to try to have Beast do two days a week of hacking, one just a hack, and one a hack in addition to a flat or jump school.

Then Alexis had a(n AMAZING) flat lesson!!!! Breakthroughs all over the place!!!

Saturday was the tack swap thingermabober in Carroll County (I believe). The Macklin Family visited it, and Maggie kept the Darenth farm table under control.
I found a couple treasures!!!!!
Then we stopped by the Stablemates tent sale, and came home for a lazy afternoon!

Sunday-Funday was very productive.
I met Team KP at Serra Valley.



First we schooled Briley and Callie in the dressage ring. In hind sight, Callie was phenomenal. At the time, I was not so happy with the first 15 minutes of objections (though the following 30 minutes was great). As I write this though, I remember she had not been ridden since ummmmm Thursday and was in last night and yesterday due to the rain. Whoops. Well it was probably good that I didn't give that much thought. I didn't baby the baby too much!
I really got some obedient lovely work out of Callie, the tension that marred it will be gone once this stupid weather holds steady!
Briley looked amazing, he's all ready to go kick patootie at the CIC at Fair Hill!

Next we took Ivan and Beasty out on a hack and for Beast to do a little refresher before her first event.
I tried out my new Hit Air vest, and Be Be's new XC get up. I forgot how much I love going XC on this mare.

Ivan thought all of this was Verrrrrrry exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so if I get fired from the video taking I completely understand! LOL! Ivan could hear Beasty galloping the entire time and he got SO excited!! We had such a great time!! Thanks so much for all your help with Briley on the flat too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I like the flash of a grey ear in the video!
    Thanks for your help also.....Especially the loose ring idea-OMG what a difference for the Callsters!!!!

    ReplyDelete