Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, April 10, 2011

That is how we roll




What a phenomenal day at Loch Moy.
I just love this venue!
Beasty was a star in her dressage tests, earning a 36.8 on her prelim test!!!! Yayyy.
So I did EXACTLY what Vanessa and I have been working on. I did EXACTLY what she said, and it (of course) worked!!!
I really rode every step, and was able to, minus any pressure of actually "competing".
Little Be Be was a super trooper. She was also very confused about going back in the ring a second time (we warmed up with a training level test).
It was great!!!!
Callie was an angel for all three phases. She was great in dressage, despite the chill in the air. I had my good luck charm Alexa Henry, and my new good luck charm, Kristen P.
Kristen was spot on when I asked her about my test, saying everything the same as the judge. Kristen also rides with Vanessa (as well as the beautiful rider Lynn Symansky) so her pointers in warm up were all consistent with what I have been doing. I love having my friends there, it makes such a huge difference.
My wonderful husband and daughter were there, it doesn't get any better!
Callie ended 2nd on her dressage score of 34. Yayyyyyy Callie!!!
She show jumped like a champ (but I fear is all ready bored with the fence height) and was in it to win it XC!!!!

A Biiiiiig shout out to Alison B, Kari A, Kristen P, Alexa H, you guys are the best!!!

Kari did a superb job on Knick. He was especially "up" this weekend. She pulled off a dressage score of 41, a little harsh but due to his tense top line, about on target for that particular judge. She show jumped CLEAN and looked great, and careful XC. The footing was a little slippery.

Emily Y looked GREAT on both horses. Show jumped CLEAN on both, and had a clean XC on Charlie. She and Jazzy were overachievers on XC, jumping the training level first fence thus recieving a Technical Elimination.
When she was jumping yesterday, she looked amazing.

Katie C cleaned up on Riley! She shaved off like 6 points on her dressage, earning a 35, a test off all 7's. She show jumped CLEAN and went XC CLEAN. Now let me tell you, Riley takes some convincing to not jump by "braille", he is not always concerned with knocking rails out of his way.

Alexis made the hard, but responsible decision to withdraw after dressage. Packer still felt a little sore. Not lame, but just not quite right. A good and true horsemen takes their cues from their horse. Its not about one day, it's about the whole process. I am always proud of Alexis, and her ability to think things through.

Julia and Taylor looked wonderful!!! I got to see their show jump and XC and it was perfect!!!!! A few more dressage brush ups and this dynamic duo will be a force to reckon with!
Laney looked like a million dollars on Patsy, and she remembered her course!!!!!!!!!!! One small step for Laney, one large leap for Laney kind.

Alison, thankfully brought her daughter. Kaelyn aka "Hot Stuff" worked very hard at keeping the trunk to stay in the proper place in the trailer. She also made sure to try and tell us every time Maggie was making a beeline for the horses .
In other news I am now the proud owner of a DROID. I must admit I do like it better then the blackberry all ready. I feel bad saying it, but its true. I got an otter box-in case it makes any attempts to go for a swim.

This week looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! We have a busy week of lessons at Darenth. Perhaps another trail ride?
My girls will be going for their dressage lessons with Vanessa and the Stephen Bradley clinic that will be held at Waredaca!


Please note the syle trend that Kari is setting with her socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment