Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, April 3, 2011

S-U-C-C-E-S-S




The dressage show was a hit!
Beg Novice
Megan McClain-Bandit-34
Alison B-SS Buckshot-34.5
Breanna C-Lila-38.5
Katie C-Riley-39

Intro B
Katie C-Freckles-30
Julia -Princess-33.1
Heather-Riley-36.1
Alison C-Sienna-40
Taylor G-Violet-42.5

Everyone did a great job! The weather held off for us, except for a dusting shower for Megs and a hail storm for Bre!

Today was a great day at Morven!
Alexa looked AMAZING!
She rode her patootie off in all 3 phases. Josie is not the easiest little lady to ride, but Alexa did a fabulous job. Her dressage has really come a long way in a short amount of time, and I can't wait to see where it takes us in the upcoming months!
She finished on her dressage score of 36.5 after two clean jumping rounds. This put her in 8th in a VERY competitive, VERY large division of 22! Way to start the season to one tough lady and a hell of a hairdresser !!!!!!!!

I was a little perturbed, along with the other 90% of the warm up participants in the show jumping, at the whole jump changing thing. A certain "professional" was standing, mounted on his horse on the landing side of the oxer in warm up, while his assistant continued to change the height.
Now I have no problem with someone tweaking heights quickly, with the attempt of not messing up anyone else, but this was not the case. He ignored the whole rule of how much he could adjust the height, he took his sweet time, and he obviously considered himself very much more important then the other people in warm up. Now I should have known how wonderful he thinks he is, as he has an affectionate nick name for himself.....(who does that other then a text book narcissist?)but it still amazed me.
We did say something to the poor jump steward, who tried to help in the situation, totally right and justifiably so, but was merely blown off by the new ruler of his own universe.
Guess what Internet? I happen to think my students and friends are much more important then he is. I happen to think that they have every right to that oxer-they paid the same entry fee, work just as hard, if not harder, AND happen to be much more considerate, kind people.
In fact, I think the actions witnessed by many of us today would be a little clip to go along with the saying "biting off your nose to spite your face".
While his horse may have show jumped well, every one saw the lack off professional behavior on his part. Not a good career move if you want an increase in clients or sponsors................

On a lighter note, we all learned of Brian Oconnor's strong feelings toward "schooling" the water before presenting your horse to jump it. I hear he is trying to get this rule changed, and has been for quite some time. I am not forming an opinion either way, a loop hole is a loop hole, and I can't say I would be above using it myself.
A rider ( I believe a teenager) was exploiting this "rule" for a while on course, and Brian was screaming all kinds of funny stuff at her from his eagle's eye view, in his trademark white truck!

Then came the change of the optimum time for novice......Oy vey. I am not even going to go there. I think the whole situation is ludicrous.

All in all a very entertaining weekend!
My girls have been fabulous since their lessons, we have a dressage lesson again tomorrow.
Next week is the Stephen Bradley clinic at Waredaca, can not wait!!!!!!
Time for bed, I can't wait for Thurs. Mags and I are going to be professional loungers for the day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment