Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Remarkable days!!!!





Tuesday was AWESOME!!!!

Alexa had a kick a$$ lesson on her mare Josie.
She had a few learning experiences, and they were good ones, and the perfect ones to have the week before an event. She is learning how to put her leg on, but still ride quietly. Also the proper canter for each different question XC.
Two thumbs up!

My mares were awesome Tues, and even better Wed in their jump lessons.

It was wonderful and refreshing (in a butt kicking kind of way) to ride with Stephen again. We talked about stuff, Beasts plans, and got down to business.
Once I got my leg on, things started to get going really well. Then, once I KEPT my leg on (amazing concept) it really came together.
It was great. I made a couple mistakes, but was able to shake it off and learn from it. This is new for me.
I thought of my students a lot . When they say they ARE trying, but I want them to try harder, that's what I had to do today.
I was able to really stay with Beast in the air.
Callie was a gem. She jumped some rather large fences. It was really exciting for me to really feel her use herself. I realize Callie's potential on a whole new level now!

Alison and Annie rocked out at Waredaca Wed pm.
Alison looked amazing jumping Buck. All the hard work in the show jumping paid off. It was very nice to watch it all come together. Alison and Bucks base for the dressage is there. So we will switch our focus to that for a little while. All of the pieces of the puzzle one by one.

Annie was able to go in the ring and get consistently better each time. I was really proud to watch her fell what happened, react properly, and work on holding her position.
It was a super experience as well as really fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment