Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Brrrrrrr.

So I rode yesterday. Our ring still holds up until about 5pm.
Callie HATES the cold. HATES. The wind bothers her and I think she wonders what is wrong with me. She try's her hardest but I can feel the objection in the hump that's always present in her back.
Beast was a good girl...sort of. She is sound and feeling good. The wind REALLY picked up when I rode her and I think Beast thrives in chaos. Like her little head is so busy, that when everything else gets crazy, her mind slows.
So I thought it would be good to do "jumping flatwork". Callie jumped last Friday at Serra Valley, which started well while her back was warm. Then she was over it. Still jumping well, but bronking in between the fences. I worried because she has been SO good for months! Was there something wrong? Did her back hurt? Did she pull something? .....Not so much.
I lunged her, she looked good. Got back on her and when she went to catapult her slinky rear end in the air, I got after her. She was good then but grinded her new big girl teeth that are growing in. We had her baby tooth pulled because the one was loose and would bleed when she shoved it to the right. Always to the right.
Of COURSE this new tooth is not stable so it bled a bit. Arghhhh. Now I'm waiting to see if I am going to need to pull this tooth!
After all that drama, I got stuck in the snow storm on the way home. After I dropped my girls off thank god. That was scary driving in that friday! All the roads were closed!
ANYWAY ....Beast did dressage on Fri at the indoor,(she was amazing FYI) so yesterday was her turn to do something jump related. Beast seems to have forgotten what a half halt is. She's a drama mama sometimes. Her stifles and hocks feel a bit weak after her 6 week hiatus. She won't be ready for the Stephen clinic on Sunday. :-(
Callie will. She just might be a bit more naughty then usual. I better go dig out my quarter sheet and some super glue!
I'm teaching my ladies and Hunter tonight at the indoor at Serra Valley. It will be warm in there but cold in the transport!
Getting ready for the jumper show on Sat, starts at 9!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment