Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, December 31, 2010

Good start to the New Year!

OMG!
What great lessons we had!
Our first group was me, Katie C. and Laney. We did a grid, jump, one stride, bounce, one stride oxer.
All the horses were fabulous! Callie was back to her angelic self!
Riley looked like a million dollars. Katie did a great job getting, and keeping his motor going. On top of that she had "perfect" position (as Stephen put it).
Laney of course did AWESOME with Patsy. She's the best. Stephen was able to give her some tips on the flat also in the beginning
I have made an amazing break through with my riding. The last few weeks I have been working on hip openers with my Yoga. So two days ago, I was flatting Beast and I thought "oh, I wonder if that's what Gretchen and Susan always meant?" So I opened my seat, and settled the ligaments around my hip sockets. Holy sh#*! I didn't know Beast could canter that way!
Anyway I did it on Callie today, good stuff. I learn so much every time I ride this amazing horse.
We finished the lesson with cantering a vertical a few times, it was great!
The second lesson was Skyler, Sharon Ossi, and the wonderful Alison. I didn't get to see much, I had to go get Beast. All the ladies seemed happy. I'm sure they did amazing, as they are all amazing riders.
The last group was me, Katherine Rizzo, and Hannah.
I was impressed with how both Hannah and Katherine looked. Stephen and I talked about how good Katherine looked. He was impressed with the work she has done with Beckett. Beckett although very talented, is a bit quirky.
I agree completely with Katherine in her description of Beckett...Scrappy. He sure can jump!
Beast, second time in the hackamore was incredible. Just incredible. I forgot how hard this horse tries. Stephen loves her in her new gear. I feel like I can actually ride her. I imagine we will have to re-learn each other to a degree, but its going to be amazing.
I was really happy. All though it is winter, I must say I feel good! My mares feel great!
It was good motivation to keep pushing through these months.
I am now in comfy clothes, on route to my sisters and I am ready to relax! I will try to make it til 12 tonight, but more likely I will be asleep by 10. Tomorrow will be spent doing nothing. I can't wait!
Hopefully this week will bless us with more warm days. We can keep up our lessons and riding.

My "ladies" all had a great lesson on Wed pm. Highlights...
Alison on Mikey, the whole time. This pair, especially Alison, continues to have breakthroughs.
Annie on Rae. Also her whole lesson!
Off for now!
Photos and video soon.
Happy New Years to all!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment