Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Winter in full force!

Winter is here!
I already long for the spring warmth, flowers and event season. I suppose I am getting a bit ahead of myself......
I was dreading riding yesterday, and also wondering how numb I would be once I was done teaching.
I walked out to get Beasty from the field and checked out her legs as I got closer. Her latest act of masochism resulted in about 10 lacerations to three of her legs. Its always a little surprise with Beasty. Other then a teeny eeney bit of swelling, she looked good to go!
Beast recently had a mani-pedi, and this time, she received pour in pads. This darn bruise she had went on FOREVER!
Kevin can see a bit of bruising starting to grow out on the sole of her foot by her right heel.
Anyways, team Oyarzo did the pour in pads, Beast didn't run away ( sometimes she likes to take an unprompted break-sie from farrier services) , everything was a success!
I rode Beast for the last four days and yesterday I was wondering if she would still feel fabulous. She did! Yeaaaaaa!
I think this break Beast and I have had will work in our favor.
First off, I really missed my quirky little mare! I have a fresh perspective, and I can't wait to tackle our flat work. The dressage is hard for Beast, but with time and patience, the little red head can compete with the best of them.
Secondly, riding my old soul of a four year old has helped ME with MY dressage. I'm feeling great about all of it!
So I rode both the girls and I was toasty warm! We have trees surrounding 3 sides of our ring, and a hill above us, so I was blocked from the wind (for the most part).
Our footing was great, partially due to a recent delivery of new footing. Next year, we will be getting even more RUBBER footing. Yea!

I taught my lesson and stayed comfy in my car harts and down jacket. It was a great day. I think the thought of going outside when its cold like this is worse then actually doing it.
We will be making use of Serra Valleys indoor a few times a week, good to have them 2 minutes away!
Knick and Summer are doing fabulously, and so are all my wonderful students and their ponies!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment