Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holidays





Off to Michigan today!!!
Hopefully my wonderful friend and rider Kari will be able to get on Callie and Beast a few times while I am gone. Summer has the winter off, then will start back up in the spring. She is a holsteiner, a BIG one, so we are giving her extra time to have her knees close a bit more, just for everything to grow a bit more! I cant wait until the spring. I am soooooooooo excited about this girl! Plus she runs up to me every time I go out to the field!
When I get back, I will be ready to pick up where we left off, traveling almost daily to Serra Valley.
My horses got ridden 5 times this week between Darenth and Serra Valley!
I am having a blast going over there. It can be a lot of work, but totally worth it!
I have new friends to ride with! Kristen Parris brings her horses, and I think the horses she has in for training. Her horses will be great company for my two. Her horse Ivan will be a great match for Callie. To bad hes gelded ;-)He can show Callsters the ropes. They both have the same air about them, and Briley and Beast will be good buddies also.
Did I mention how hard Beast has been trying lately?
Alison and Michael are fun to ride with OF COURSE! And the new boarders at Serra Valley, I know from a past life at another barn!
The young rider extraordinaire, Skyler Decker is there on her mare Nicky!
Skyler is always fun to ride with (in her t-shirt.....crazy) and her mom is always fun to chat with!
The Neese family is there also, and they are a wonderful family!!!!
These are all Hunter and Fancy's friends also, so that will be nice for them , when I drag Hunter along with me!
I can not wait for Maggie to have this Christmas, she is going to have matching PJ's with her cousins. As my sister in law said "so stinkin cute".
What a happy time!
Im so excited spring is around the corner, butterflies, eventing, flowers, gardening yeaaaaaaa!
I feel like Im standing at the light at the end of the tunnel! (In a good way ;-)

So anyways, I'm off to do the family thing in Michigan, but I would like to wish my family here a HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!!!!
I have the best husband and daughter in the world! I cant wait to see my in laws, and my sister, nephew and brother for New YEARS!!!! I am very thankful this holiday season. (I'm also thankful for the new yoga pants that will be waiting for me when I get home)

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. ~Author Unknown

"Don't pity the girl with one true friend. Envy her. Pity the girl with just a thousand acquaintances."
---Katie Obenchain

"It doesn't matter what people say. To me, you're ALWAYS a somebody."
---Sam Baker

This ones my FAVORITE!!!!!

"The best part of life is when your family becomes your friends, and your friends become your family."
---Danica Whitfield

Sometimes I think my husband is so amazing that I don't know why he's with me. I don't know whether I'm good enough. But if I make him happy, then I'm everything I want to be.
Angelina Jolie

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce

"WHEN I MET MY MUSE"
William Stafford
I glanced at her and took my glasses off---they were
singing. They buzzed like a locust on the coffee table and then
ceased. Her voice belled forth, and the sunlight bent. I felt the
ceiling arch, and knew that nails up there took a new grip on
whatever they touched. "I am your own way of looking at things,"
she said "when you allow me to live with you, every glance at
the world around you will be a sort of salvation." And I took her hand.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mary!

    Thanks for letting me and my boys come over and ride with you guys. We've had a blast, but I can't guarantee that Ivan won't show Callie how to be super ADD and that Briley won't teach Beasty how to get out of the harder movements! LOL! Anyway we've had a blast so far and all you guys have been great company. It's making the winter months a lot more enjoyable! Merry Christmas to all!!

    ReplyDelete