Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Thursday, June 7, 2012

And were back

So it would appear I am back in action.
I had great rides yesterday with Jimmy.
Jimmy always is such a great mix of humor and seriousness. He has perfected the art of telling you the brutally honest truth in a way that makes you laugh. If you don't laugh, you may cry because the truth hurts.

I love it.
I am learning that I need to let Beast do her job. I have taught her, now I need to "let her". I have a phobia of letting go of over riding.
It is time.

Callie was actually quite lovely yesterday. She had a few nappy moments when cantering away from the group in the beginning but that was it for any bucking. She also thought the jumps we were jumping were beneath her and that she should not be bothered with putting forth effort. That ended after she scraped her leg on a table.
One thing about this horse is once humbled, she does not get scared or all girl drama like. She gets on her job. She is a tough little cookie.
Get it girl, get it.

Alexis looked great on Packer last night in her show jump lesson.
He is all ready to go Novice this weekend at Loch Moy.

I had a good day of teaching.
Miss thing Emily had her best school to date on Jazz this morning at Waredaca.
They are going to be in top form for Senneca.

My little mares got lunged in halters on a grassy slope. 5th leg training BOYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  They did not do long enough for it to be a fitness day, but enough to count as stretchy work.

Then off to Olney.

I set up some tough exercises and Courtney made it look easy. Brat. Way to ruin my plans Court.
I am just kidding (about the brat part). Court and her horse right now look great. He is a happy horse.

Miss Lisa, (who I found out works for my favorite channel ever) had a great ride on her mare. Her horse Ella was feeling her opinions today and Lisa rode her right through them. The jumps help because Ella forgets to be naughty if she is pointed at a jump.

Alex and his horse look to be right on track for Senneca. Duncan (his horse) would probably jump a car if Alex told him he could do it. A great horse Duncan is. He is a good team player.

Rachel has come so far and she and her horse Zoe make such a great pair. Rachels position and confidence continue to amaze me every lesson. I just can not believe how much one kid can learn and continue to learn.

Now Mags is having waffles for dinner and Dave and I are getting ready to watch some of Lisa's awesome shows on ID TV.
The dogs have bones and the bunny has celery.
All is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment