Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Senneca

Both my students out did themselves this weekend.

I am not just saying that to be nice or make them happy, they really out did themselves.

Emily was as usual, 1st after dressage and show jumped clean........... well not only show jumped clean but her horse jumped her heart out and Emily helped her.
Em had the best cross country I have seen in a long time. Maybe ever.
Emily and Jazz were not at Senneca with all those people and all that commotion and distraction. They were in Emily and Jazz world.
Part of the reason that they were so amazing is because of the best run out ever. I don't really know what happened because I couldn't see fence 4, but I don't need to have seen it. Emily and Jazz had a moment, a experience........ a "something" that made it all come together. It was brilliant. It was one of those days that makes my job so much fun, and makes me cry because I am so proud. Emily has mastered what I try to teach from all the coaching, training, sports performance books, and my constant stalking of Rebecca Lee. The ability for things to be what they are.
Things are mostly good if you let them be.
Things are not emotional in horse training/teaching.(Except when you are super proud and cry). They are curious.
There should be no stress about performance. Performance is stress in its self.
You are prepared when you arrive. Or you don't go.
Emily was prepared, she trained then she allowed.
Emily still ended up in the top 10 even with a silly glance off. (Horses will always throw in a thing or two)
I see great things ahead for Emily and Jazz.


Alex rode his green little Duncan great in all three phases.
Duncan tried his little heart out in dressage. They were grass rings and Duncan <3's studs.
Alex rode great. His dressage is going to be very special very soon. Duncan has what I want  to buy for my mares. Relaxed gaits. He also is a pretty stinkin cute mover.
Duncan also jumped his little heart out in the show jump. This horse is starting to put it all together and once he does, Alex is going to have to sport a grab strap like his coach.
Speaking of like his coach, Alex likes to tell Duncan exactly whats going on cross country. Out loud. Verbally.
I love it.
Duncan seems to understand "Human". He was about as perfect as a little Duncan can be.
I see great things in the future for me and Duncan.

I mean Alex and Duncan ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment