Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Tuesday, June 5, 2012


I am suppose to get testimonials for my new web site. I'm wondering if I could just put up videos of my students riding. It speaks volumes.
This video is of Alison Bowyer.
She is a mother of two, wife and has a full time job. (so she has two full time jobs cause lord knows being  a mama is one in itself).
She is competing wild man Knickerbocker.
Knickerbocker has a phobia of butterflys and anything else that seems delightfully distracting at the moment. Knick has a need for speed and does not like to "wait".
Knick and Alison were in first place again after this show jumping round but knick felt deceptively fast cross country (another one of his tricks.....he climbs unless you let him stretch out).
They sealed them selves a green ribbon despite some time penalties!
We will be forcing Alison to buy an optimum time watch and we will work on our minute makers at Darenth.
I am not complaining though! I will take time penalties from my students any day. Especially from the students who compete at the level I suggest. If I feel they are ready to be at that level and they want to take a few extra seconds to make a safe turn or get a better approach, kudos to them.
I think Alison and Knick look more then ready to move up to Novice. Waredaca unrecognized sounds like the perfect place!
Way to go Alison!
And we can't forget Julia Fitzgerald who has put a lot of hard work into Knick herself!!!!! A big thanks to Julia!!!!
Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment