Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Busy days!

Everyone has been doing really well over at Darenth farms!
Beasty did her canters and was trying to run off with me in all three sets. The footing was perfect.

Callie and I practiced what Jimmy and I worked on. She was very happy with me and jumped great.
Straightness is progressing, but she is very bored with anything below 2'11''. She likes the 2'11'' to 3' range.
Princess thinks that every inch counts.

Vanya jumped and has made tremendous progress.

Summer is working on being left in to work, while some of her herd goes out for the night. It's a work in progress.
Her natural abilities continue to amaze me. I become a better rider for just having sat on her.

My new client Melissa brought her horses (Mom and baby) over on Monday, then the baby again on Tuesday for me to jump. Too bad Melissa wouldn't sell her, I am in love with this Hanoverian Tb crossed with sunshine!

Katie's new horse Willis is settling in nicely. Willis is a super nice mover, often not really in the mood so much to canter, and has a gate staring obsession. He is quiet and sweet and continues to learn at a rapid rate.

Kari worked Knick on the flat yesterday. He looked amazing in his prep for Senneca .

All my girls looked amazing this week in lessons.

Hunter is working on Fance pants and her straightness. This mare is such an amazing jumper.

All of our school ponies are coming along with the progress of our amazing students.
Millie and Sienna looked AMAZING last night with Julia and Taylor.

Taylors horse Violet has been foot sore with no shoes on, but team Oyarzo went over and put some shoes on her. She should be ready to rock soon!
Kevin (Oyarzo) also did Beast and Callie yesterday.
They both look amazing.
Callie got pour in pads this cycle. Callie's whole body has really been in a lot of hard work this summer. She has done a good job going along with it all both physically and mentally.

Today is a quiet day, which is good because Maggie is looking a bit under the weather.
I may be catching it, so I think a trip to the store for "Emergen-C" is in order.

The competition horses will walk today (thanks Kari), then tomorrow I will run through my tests with Vanessa.

Tack cleaning and prep for Senneca will hopefully happen for the most part Thursday.
Friday I have no sitter for the great Majella, and a course walk is in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment