Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Holy Awesomness!!!!

There he is, in all his hay obsessed glory, Vanya!
I am so happy to have this little man in for training! He has been nothing less then perfect, and a joy to ride and have at the farm.
He made the trek back over to Waredaca on Monday to have a lesson with the amazing and patient Gretchen Butts.
Gretchen has known me since I was 9 and I will always have her (if she will have me) as the person I check in with. Waredaca was such a big part of my life. She is such a busy woman, and manages to do SO much.
Gretchen has the best way of explaining things to me, and you can tell she genuinely LOVES teaching.
I don't drive her crazy when I ask all my questions, or at least she acts like I don't.
So Vanya was fabulous, and I had some great success and breakthroughs with his half halts. Love him, and he started my week off with a bang.
Beasty and Callie went to Vanessa's on Tues and holy crap.
I actually applied what I worked on with my core strength the day before with Gretchen, to my flat with Vanessa.
Vanessa is the best. Both mares were moving so well, and so big, I thought I was going to throw up from my abs working so hard! Beasty is making INCREDIBLE progress in her canterwork.
I LOVE VANESSA SWARTZ.

Then today Beasty Bear the Busy went to a Jump lesson with Stephen. I put her back in a bit (no hackamore).
It was great. I feel she has out grown the hackamore now that her flat has improved so much.
I would not be surprised if she bounces back and forth from the hackamore and the bit during her jumping career, but for now we are back in a bit.
She felt like a little mexican jumping bean and she was in it to win it!

Summer has been great.
Kaliente has been a dream.
Happy times.

So then there are my students....
Ameriah and Bandit are tearing it up! Their jumping sure is coming along.
Both Megs and Ameriah have brought that pony so far.
Alexis has come so far, and it sure showed when she rode Knick the other night. Wow.
Same thing with Katie C and Buckshot. Wow.
Katie has also seen some really cool horses for sale!
Annie and Rae continue to excel at a rapid rate. I can't believe how great this mare is doing!
Julia, Taylor, and Alison looked like rock stars.
Heather, Hunter, and Janet also rocked it out.
Payton, Lauren, and Morgan-two thumbs up.

This weekend brings Waredaca! The ponies feel ready to have some fun! (And some very submissive moments in the dressage.)


For those that are mostly interested in Maggie updates, today she got into the A+D ointment while in the back seat of the car safely away from mama's reaching hand.
It was bad.
I just ignored it. She was a very greasy baby today.
At least she would fit though narrow spaces, or be able to get any tight rings off her fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment