Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Monday, August 15, 2011

Callie comet!

I love her!
Callie was perfect all day.
She was a little snuggle bear while I braided, she trailered well, she tacked up well ( I hear).
She was a dream in warm up and perfect in dressage. I went for more expressive movement and she did it for me. It just gets so small in that ring on a big mover! Callie felt much stronger and able to balance in the deeper footing. With the bit more expression (bigger trot) though my connection wavered as she balanced her self. I think the judge would have preferred I played it a little safer and steadier but novice is not the end goal, and Callie learns so much. Vanessa and I have worked so hard on her canters, and it paid off!!!! She got 8's and 7's.
With all the hard dressaging Callie has been doing, we have been working her strength and straightness. The little mama is getting stronger but I think her tooshie might be a little tired. Thus a serious right drift in my sj!!! I thought we had tamed the right drift beast but it reared its head on Sunday in the sj.
She was so excited in the ring and so smart about her foot work.
XC was a BLAST!
Callie was just perfect. She did a new water and a little log into water (holy crap she jumped big). Ditches, banks, a little baby corner. I told her how big of a star she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment