Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Busy Weekend so far!

Friday was great.
Both of my mares showed up to impress Jimmy.
He said he can see marked improvement and I was so happy to hear that!
Beast and I had about the most perfect lesson we have ever had. Sometimes the hard ones are also perfect, because that was what you needed to learn, but this one was just a happy day lesson.
My girls trailered perfectly, stood quietly, and made their mama proud.
Callie was awesome in her lesson. She is feeling so much stronger and much more like a "big horse".
I told Jimmy Callie is going to be special.

Jimmy always has wise things to say but my favorite of the day was something like this.....

Problem horses like your chestnut, are the type of horse that you are ready for when you are done with them.

I am not sure what prompted him to say that to me, but I thought it was one of the coolest things I ever heard.
Now obviously he meant "problem" in the sense that she is just a bit tricky to ride. I realize that this is because of her own obvious talent and over eager need to please, mixed with a little tenseness.
I will enjoy every moment, good, bad, or undefined. It will help me become what I hope to become.

I will try to sit on Callie and look pretty and not get in her way. I love her and will also not get crazy an impatient.

Friday afternoon brought awesome rides for Courtney and Melissa.
Courtney has the most amazing eye for someone her age. This kid is no joke, she will be unstoppable once she progresses on to a horse that can give her miles.
Melissa's horse "Party" is a little like Callie. Melissa also has a good eye, but we are working on her eyes closing (figuratively) and letting Party's eye take over.
I made both ladies do super hard exercises and they rose tot he ocassion.
Fiesta was brilliant for me.
We had some real breakthrough work. This mare really needs to know I am on her side.

Saturday brought an awesome ride for Taylor then Party Time!!!


Notice the right foot!
The Fabry's know how to throw a Birthday Party!!!!
Pole painting Party!!

Happy Birthday PIPER!!!!!

Let's not take credit away from Annie, Katie, and Alexis.
They stood in top of the old barn painting all the new rails white!!!!
(A big shout out to Rob Lang, great poles at an awesome price)
Mags and I had to stay down in the ring and paint since the top barn is not toddler approved!
Alison showed up and helped watch Mags, then Dave came.
Dave and Maggie painted themselves, lost a shoe and had a good time.
Thank you ladies for helping!!!!!


Next I am off to Loch Moy.
I will send pictures, and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment