Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm an addict

Which is better? Beast jumping or the groups reaction?



I have a head ache right now.
For the 3rd time this year, I am quitting coffee. It really makes me cracked out and I am already cracked out enough on my own.
I have had great success this year with eating only vegetarian (thanks for the push Kellen M.)
I swear I can actually feel my body is healthier, happier, but more important I am so much more aware of what is going on inside of me and around me.

That is why I have become painfully aware that I have a new drug of choice.

Lessons with Sharon White.
(I have other lesson addictions but we are tackling one problem at a time)

We did the coolest exercise. It is the one in the video. We had to do an "open" 2 stride to an "open" one stride. We had to shift our weight and our horse in the air to make them jump side to side.
What I mean is aim for the right side of the first fence, in the air shift left so the horses move left, two strides, jump the left side of the fence, shift right in the air, one stride, jump the right side of the fence.
Beasty was a good girl.
Callie tried her little heart out for me (I didn't wear spurs...she is a fan).
One of the times, I didn't make it over to the small side for the last jump when she did the same exercise that Beast did. The good news is, I know Callie can jump very high (rail at second to top hole), and does not seem to concerned (even if I aim her at the standards).

Fiesta jumped a liverpool!
Not only did she jump a liverpool, she jumped a little course which included a rather large oxer and a larger vertical!

Dave came and watched Beasty and then took Beast and Callie home while I finished on Fiesta.
He's the best. I love him!
Maggie came also, and kept yelling "leg".
Such a good little instructor.

Sharon and Cappy looked amazing. Sharon is also a very efficient trailer parker.
Katie and Grantley looked amazing as well. They were in the Intermediate group with Beasty. Grantley jumps like a praying mantis upfront.

Katie Cindric had a great lesson on the big WILL.
This horse cracks me up.
Dr. Laura Reick got Beasty's body feeling good. Beast is very sensitive to the acupuncture. She love, love, loves the chiro, but as Laura says has a love hate relationship with the acupuncture.
Callie's body was feeling good, but she got a neck adjustment.

Today Maggie and I will watch Bambi 40,000 times.
My girls all have the day off, then walking tomorrow.
Morven is this weekend, praying for good footing!

No comments:

Post a Comment