Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Good eating

Lunch! For Mags it was a wheat thin bagel, with provolone cheese and Ketchup!
Adults get to do Adult variations.
She loved it and ate it all up. A brief moment of respite.
The "expressive terrible two's" have surely begun.
The mothers at the barn assure me that this is a phase.
I chant "just a phase, just a phase" often through out the day.
Breakfast this morning was no joke.
Nutella on cinnamon graham crackers.
OMGooooodness. This is the mother of all breakfasts.
Nutella ended up being all over Maggie, the kitchen, the dogs head somehow. It was worth it.
Did you know Feb 5 is National Nutella day?

In other news, I owe yet another shout out to Kevin Oyarzo. He came back to my farm yesterday, after having been there most of the morning, to fix Beasty's hind shoe / nail issue.
Beast was a good girl yesterday on the flat. Sometimes I find my self chanting with her "it's just a phase" but for the most part she was good.
She just anticipates my every move, an over achiever for sure.

I am super lucky to have such an awesome farrier.
I could not do any of this with out him.
While I am at it, Dr. Scullin, Carter, and Dr. Laura Reick also get a huge thanks.

Both my mares are feeling so good, and in this sport that is all we can continue to hope for.




No comments:

Post a Comment