Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Monday, October 31, 2011

Beast update

Good old Dr. Scullin came out to check on my star.
I told him all about everything Beasty has done/ acted like in the past two weeks.

There was a red flag concerning Beasts acupuncture session last week and the inability to get needles in her.
(Dr. Laura Reick had expressed a bit of concern in this area as well.....Dr. Laura Reick is the best.)

Beast also acted like her skin was on fire a few other times in the last 15 days when I tried to brush her/ touch her.
But she is Beast.
Beast is a weirdo. Weirdo's make it hard to develop a base line for normal because the definition of normal is .....not a weirdo.

Anyways, Beast didn't really have the much of skin sensitivity test because well, her skin was so sensitive she flipped out. Dermal hypersensitivity.
She had a bunch of blood drawn, received a shot of tetracycline, and is on doxycycline for at least a month.
I suppose the direction we are heading with this is possibly Lymes.

(In which case Katie Wherley is not only an awesome course walker, but also a spot on Lymes detective)
I will not be able to ride Beasty for at least a week (or more) while we get a handle on what is going on.
We are checking a bunch of stuff with the blood drawn and should have results within a day or two.

My poor girl.

That horse gave me everything she had at Virginia.
I can not imagine how miserable that whole experience must have been for her.

I myself was miserable on Saturday at 4:30 in the morning after using up all my grownup-ness the day before.
I woke up in my hotel room, with little Ossi and Kim sound asleep. I felt trapped and claustrophobic.
I wanted to go home.
I was at the emotional level of a five year old.
I realized the reality of it. The logic.
I am not so far gone in my selfish horsey land that I don't know whats up.

What I mean is this.....I will code it.
My World ...............Reality

I had to pull my mare up cross country. Devastation, worry, frustration.


I am lucky to own a horse.
My family is healthy.
I have a family.
I am lucky to have a family.

My mare was acting very strange and I couldn't sleep trapped in a hotel room.
I had to lay there, in the dark and do the alphabet gratitude list until sleep blessed me again.
I was feeling sorry for my self.


I own an awesome mare that is very happy I had the common sense to pull her up.
I learned to listen to the signs, and will be more proactive as my career continues, I will listen sooner.
Poor me nothing, I had a roof over my head, a blanket, heat, a mini fridge stocked with yummy food, and two good friends with me.
I need to get over myself.

This sport is like a drug.
It will try to seduce you into thinking that only one thing matters, you.
It will try to put its self above husbands, friends, sanity.
It will easily put its self above manicures, dinners out, vacations.
It will make you forget your birthday.
But let me tell you what brings you right back to reality, at least my reality.
The minute long hug that Maggie gave me when I walked through the door last night.
The other thing that brings me right back where I want to be is the very horses that enable me to do this sport.

Beasts world..........Reality

I feel like horribleness. I am staying in a stall with three concrete walls, and a metal grate as a door. I can see no other horses. My momma is asking me to do something and I will give her everything I have in my giant red horsie heart until I simply have nothing left. I will ask nothing in return. I will not complain.

I feel like horribleness. I am staying in a stall with three concrete walls, and a metal grate as a door. I can see no other horses. My momma is asking me to do something and I will give her everything I have in my giant red horsie heart until I simply have nothing left. I will ask nothing in return. I will not complain.


In other less dramatic news, I have to say how unbelievable Callie is.
She realized the atmosphere at Va, and strutted her stuff! She also got the nickname "hoover" for her constant eating. I really feel like Callie has all the ingredients to be a star.

Another star is Mr. Dave Macklin.
Dave had a work emergency on Friday afternoon (preventing him from coming to Va).
Then the hot water heater broke.
So he drove with Maggie to Home Depot, rented a truck, bought a hot water heater, took it home, installed it while Maggie napped, then returned the truck.
I came home to hot water, fence posts going in, and a clean house!

No comments:

Post a Comment