Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Callie-morven


Here is my little star in the making. Dave was able to work the camera today since a certain two year old daughter was a little less cranky!

Callie had a 32 in dressage, no wait....a 39?
Either way SHE WAS AN ANGEL.....She was an ANGEL in the cold rain!
(For those of you that don't remember her this spring and all the bucking fits, that's ok, I don't either. . . . they say that's natures way. Like child birth ;)

It's kind of weird when you ask the secretary why your score was changed, and have her walk away, then push you in a room with the head of scoring and the dressage judge.

The dressage judge was SUPER nice, but did say "I don't actually know if this is your test."
There were a few tests that got mixed up.
OK.

Hmm, quite the conundrum.


I took it as a lesson to learn about judging myself and my progress minus scores (since I was withdrawing from XC anyway). ...... But come on!
It's a bit frustrating, I would have really liked some feedback, but my test did not seem to be Callie's.

This is the second time Morven has had some issues with there scoring, and it seems odd at such a large venue.

Morven did have awesome volunteers, and lots of other positive things to write about.
Like the awesome riders that attended....

The landing of one of the advanced jumps.
The people that did run in the advanced divisions were a sight to behold....The best of the best.


In other news.....
Student Hunter had an amazing go at his first Novice!!!!
He had a 39 in dressage and had two double clear jump rounds (although jumped the wrong number three).
Way to go HUNTER!!!!!!


Little Piper (7) had THE SECOND LOWEST DRESSAGE SCORE OF THE DAY!!!!
(At Iron bridge)
She was second behind professional rider (and best friend) Katherine Rizzo!!!
Hopefully there are pics coming soon!

I would write more but it will have to wait.....
I have Eggplant Parmesan, a fire, the movie "Bambi", and two awesome peeps waiting for me.
My girls are sound, safe, and warm at Darenth.
I love those mares!

Hopefully Beast can sneak into Loch Moy and Callie and Summer will have a dressage show on Sunday funday!
PS, A big shout out to Dave, Maggie, little Ossi. You guys are the best!
Also Kim and Katherine who put up with my obsessive phone calls.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mary....concerning the section about scores changing and what it means: I actually feel like I have something smart to say! Having some experience with scores and understanding how important they are to my students, their families and the people I work for, I can't help but say to you what I say to them so often: It's not the scores, it's the learning. I know your livelihood depends on scores, as mine increasingly does as well...but if a student learns something despite the score, it was a good day. I'm glad the score went UP rather than DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darn it! Is this like golf where the low score is best? Crud! I am still learning, Mary! That's what I get for feeling all proud of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL
    It is like golf!
    It doesn't matter if you don't understand it all, it matters that you care to!
    Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete