Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Thursday, December 22, 2011

It is

So I went to lunch with two old friends yesterday.
One of them was my partner in crime against anything serious back in the old days.
We participated in activities such as covering our bosses yard and porch with little paper doll trolls. 100's, we made them ourselves. We also documented the whole thing in night vision on the camera, so watching it was equally as funny as the act itself.
We both do art. Sometimes "odd to other people" art.
The other one is equally as interested in all things acupuncture and working out as I am.
It was fun. Imagine that!

I have found myself increasingly anti social with age.
It may be because I live with the two coolest people on the planet so I don't need many others. It may be because I am one of those people that just really like to be alone. It may be because I need to act like a 5 year old more.
So much to my dismay, my social calender is very full this week. I would really like to ride my mares at 5am and focus on hot yoga in a quiet room.
Fortunately for me it is with people I actually enjoy.
My solution is that I plan to act like a 5 year old at every function.
Or maybe a two year old.
I could do what Maggie does.
When i want a drink, I could just walk up to the waiter and shake my glass in her face and say more, MORE, MORE!!!!
If she tries to bring me something I do not like, I will throw myself on the ground and cry "NO, WATTTTTTER!"

Then I will order my dinner.
Once all the dinners arrive, I will stare at my plate, stare at Daves plate and then start pulling everything from him and shoving it in my mouth. I will not discriminate if it is already on route to his mouth.
If someone wants me to come with them somewhere, I will just stare at them. I will not actually move towards them. I will just stare. Then when they start to get really pissed, I will shift my weight like I am going to take a step and then when a smile of relief takes over their face.....I will actually take a step backwards.
I will wear diapers.
I will know enough to go get the diaper, the wipes, undo and put on my diaper, sit on the potty, wipe and flush......but I will reserve all waste for the diaper its self.
I will target all potty times for once the car is running, waiting for me to be put into my seat with my favorite toy.
IN FACT, I will demand a diaper change, then as someone goes to start the car, I will run and hide in my favorite spot and do a number 2 in my freshly changed diaper. Then I will look smug.

I will smear my fingers on all surfaces shiny.
I will put most focus on my sliding door and stainless steel refrigerator.
I will stand as close as possible to the tv.
I will unwrap Christmas presents.
I will torture the dogs.
I will cry.
I will scream with hilarity.
I will be responsible for nothing.
I will put whatever I want in my mouth.
I will roll around on the floor of every store I go into.
I will hide in clothes racks. I will wait until I hear true panic in my caretakers voice, then I will waltz out like they are acting weird. I was there the whole time?
I will take my clothes off whenever I feel like it.
I will chase cats and squeal in delight in my loudest voice possible.
I will kiss at will. Whether the receiver likes it or not. Whether the receiver is backed in a corner with their face scrunched in the "oh god no, I am only 12 months old, can barely walk and want you to go away" position.
I will make crafts then destroy them.
When I am tired I will not go to sleep. I will actually get more hyper and run from everyone I am with. With sheer abandon, with not a care in the world.
I will ask you 7,592 times if it is raining.

Better watch out Kari and Alison. I believe we are on for a date tomorrow night.
I will reserve diaper changing for Dave, but the rest is fair game.

If you don't get this blog post, I am so sorry for you.


























I think it is time for my new tattoo.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this! Love the photo of Maggie "leading" the horse. But mostly, I love your words!

    ReplyDelete